In the modern era, all billiards tables (whether for carom billiards, pool or snooker) provide a flat surface usually made of quarried slate, that is covered with cloth (usually of a tightly-woven worsted wool called baize), and surrounded by vulcanized rubber cushions, with the whole elevated above the floor.
Professional Size Billiards Table (12’ X 6’) - Specifications
- Cloth: 6811 32oz west of England , or Warika 777
- Wood frame: Seasoned Wood & Teak
- Legs: Size 6 x 6 Pine (8 legs)
- Base: Keaser Green Stone (Three Piece)
- Pocket: Brass
- Leather: TC Hard Leathe
- Speeds: From 7 to 10 knots
- Balls: Aramith (Belgium Ball)
- Cue stick: Bridge (Qty 4)
- Tips: Elk
- Leveler: Made
- Table Cover, Cleaning Brush, Lamp Shed, etc..